The Code of Conduct at Humble Bee Institute of Marine Studies outlines the principles and expectations that govern the behavior of all staff, trainers, trainees, and visitors within our esteemed Merchant Navy Training Center. By upholding these standards, we foster a professional, safe, and respectful learning environment for the benefit of all.
Respect and Professionalism:
- Treat all individuals with respect, regardless of their position, background, or beliefs.
- Maintain a professional and courteous demeanour in all interactions, both within the institute and onboard vessels.
- Embrace honesty and integrity in all academic activities, refraining from plagiarism, cheating, or any form of academic misconduct.
- Encourage original thought and authentic work in assignments and examinations.
Safety and Security:
- Prioritize safety at all times, adhering to established safety protocols and guidelines during training exercises, both onshore and offshore.
- Report any safety concerns, hazards, or incidents immediately to the relevant authorities.
Punctuality and Attendance:
- Be punctual for all classes, training sessions, drills, and activities.
- Maintain regular attendance to ensure optimal learning and preparedness.
Responsible Use of Resources
- Use institute facilities, equipment, and resources responsibly and for their intended purposes.
- Report any damage or malfunction of equipment promptly.
- Present a neat and tidy appearance in uniforms or appropriate attire as specified by the institute.
- Demonstrate professionalism in grooming and personal presentation.
Confidentiality and Data Protection:
- Respect the confidentiality of sensitive information acquired during training or while onboard vessels.
- Abide by data protection policies and refrain from unauthorized sharing of information.
Alcohol and Substance Use:
- Prohibit the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, or any controlled substances during training sessions or while onboard vessels.
- Strictly adhere to the institute's policy on substance use.
Communication and Conflict Resolution:
- Communicate respectfully and constructively with peers, staff, and trainers.
- Resolve conflicts professionally through open dialogue and appropriate channels.
Compliance with Regulations and Laws
- Comply with all relevant maritime regulations, international laws, and institute policies.
- Understand and uphold the ethical responsibilities of working in the Merchant Navy.
- Foster environmental awareness and conservation of marine. resources.
- Promote sustainable practices onboard and ashore.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of training and professional development.
- Embrace feedback and actively work towards personal and professional growth.